We are in the process of preparing a planning application for a solar farm on land off Winterton Road near Roxby (DN15 0BH).
On this website you can find out more about our draft plans and the project team, and let us know your comments. Your feedback will be considered before our plans for the solar farm are finalised and the planning application is submitted.
There are a number of ways you can get involved in the project:
- Send us your comments on our draft plans for the solar farm
- Come along and meet the project team at our drop-in event on 16th March 2023
Click here to find out more. Contact & Feedback
- The solar farm will have a capacity of up to 40MW, with the potential to generate enough electricity to meet the needs of around 10,500* average homes.
- Generating this energy from a solar farm, rather than from fossil fuels, would offset approximately 17,500 tonnes** of CO2 per year.
- The land beneath the solar panels would remain in agricultural use for sheep grazing, or we could create a wildflower meadow.
- A Community Benefit Fund would donate c.£500 per MW per year to the local community.
*Source: Homes Powered Equivalent calculated using the most recent statistics from the Department of Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy
**RenewableUK uses BEIS’s “all fossil fuels” emissions statistic of 446 tonnes of carbon dioxide per GWh of electricity supplied